Specific topics invited to provide submissions on:
- Techniques, methods and models in accessing Big Data as part of KMS
- Case studies of utilizing Big Data in KMS and KM initiatives
- How filtered Big Data results can be used continuously as organizational knowledge
- Big Data and its implications for personal knowledge management.
- Does Big Data mean big knowledge? Critical perspectives are welcome.
- Identifying the gaps between traditional data and information approaches and the opportunities in Big Data.
- Market Analysis – Systems vendors and organizational users.
- New organizational Big Data and analytics initiatives as a part of KM strategy and practice.
- Trends in Big Data – eCommerce, MCommerce and Ubiquitous Commerce, how they contribute to Big Data – and KM models for business application and management decision making.
- Technology impacts – Internet of Things and Big Data, what’s next for Knowledge Management?
- Analytical ability and insight: what are the implications for organizational staffing and professionals?
Submission deadline: July 31, 2015
Papers reviewed: October 31, 2015
Revised papers reviewed and accepted: January 31, 2016
Final versions of accepted papers delivered: February 30, 2016