The Chevening programme grants awards to outstanding individuals with leadership potential from around the world.
A Chevening/Southampton Scholarship offers financial support to individuals wishing to study for a Master’s degree at the University of Southampton, along with the opportunity to become part of an influential and highly regarded global network.
Chevening/Southampton Scholarships are available for any one-year taught Masters degree at the University of Southampton. Applicants can choose any course of study, but are encouraged to refer to their country pages for details of priority areas of study for their region.
Chevening/Southampton Scholarships are jointly funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the University of Southampton and will include:
• a monthly stipend
• travel to the UK from your country at the beginning of your award
• travel from the UK back to your country at the end of your award
• an arrival and departure allowance
• a thesis or dissertation grant
• the cost of one visa application
• university tuition fees