Authors are invited to prepare chapter proposals for a new collection of essays
entitled “Media Events: A Critical Contemporary Approach” to be
published by Peter Lang, Cambridge Scholars Publishers or Ibidem Verlag
Press, London. The proposed book aims to explore the theory of media
events in a variety of international contexts. Possible topics of chapters include (but are not limited to):
– European electoral elections as media events,
– religious media events,
– disaster, terror, war as media events,
– national holidays as media events,
– media event culture and management/ economic crisis,
– historical perspectives on media events,
– crimes and trials as media events,
– media spectacle and media events,
– protests as media events.
– terrorist acts as media events.
If you are interested in being a contributor, please email a proposal of
your chapter (300-500 words) and a short biography (150 words) to
email@example.com by 1 March 2014. The proposal should be
submitted as a single MS Word document with “YourName – MediaEvents” as
Deadline for submitting the abstract (max. 500 words) – March 1st
Acceptance of the abstract – March 30th
The deadline of submitting the articles – July 15th 2014.
The articles (4,000-6,000 words) should adhere to APA Style.
For inquiries, please contact the editors:
Dr. Bianca Mitu, University of Bucharest, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Stamatis Poulakidakos, University of Athens, Email: