The LSE Media and Communications Department invites abstracts for papers on ‘Cosmopolitanism, New Media and Protests’, to be presented at our fifth annual PhD Symposium on 15 June 2012.
Research students from across disciplines in the social sciences are welcome to apply.
The deadline for submission of proposals is Monday 20 February 2012.
The Symposium welcomes, but is not limited to, abstracts in the following areas of enquiry:
– Local/global media in protests
– Cosmopolitan identity and cosmopolitan publics
– Global consciousness
– Social media and political change
– Networked journalism
– Mediation of protests
– Cosmopolitan identity and engagement in protests
– Media attention
– The state-networks relationship and mediation
– Mediating violence and representation of suffering in protests.
For more information and updates about the Symposium, visit the conference website