Deadline Approaching: Communication Yearbook
Submitted manuscripts should provide a rigorous assessment of the status, critical issues and needed directions of a theory or body of research; offer new communication theory or additional insights into communication systems, processes, policies and impacts; and/or expand the boundaries of the discipline. In all cases, submissions should be comprehensive and thoughtful in their synthesis and analysis, and situate a body of scholarship within a larger intellectual context. For CY 37, the editorial board also welcomes commentary and essays that advance knowledge and understanding of communication research methodologies and applications.
- Submit manuscripts electronically via a Word attachment to Elisia L. Cohen, Editor, at CommYear@uky.edu
- Submissions for CY 37 will be considered from October 15, 2011 through February 15, 2012
- Use APA style, 6th edition
- Include a cover letter indicating how the manuscript addresses the CY 37 call for papers
- Prepare manuscripts for blind review, removing all identifiers
- Include a title page as a separate document that includes contact information for all authors
- Following Communication Yearbook’s tradition of considering lengthier manuscripts, initial manuscript submissions may range from 6,500 to 13,000 words (including tables, endnotes, references).
- Incomplete submissions not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors for revision.
- For more information about CY 37 or this call for submissions, please contact Dr. Cohen at email@example.com.