The Time Warner Cable Research Program on Digital Communications will be dedicated to increasing public understanding of the benefits and challenges facing the future of digital technologies in the home, office, classroom, and community.
Turkish citizens can apply for research stipends, but the subject matter of the report must be oriented to telecommuncations in the United States.
The Research Program will focus on the following areas:
• Increasing knowledge about the marketplace and the consumer
• Increasing knowledge about digital technologies
• Increasing knowledge about communications policy
• Increasing knowledge about innovation in digital communications
Individuals receiving a stipend should produce a 25- to 35-page report. The report should be submitted no later than six months after the start of the project.Proposals from any discipline with research interest in digital communications will be considered. Multidisciplinary research teams, consisting of two or more authors from different fields, are encouraged.
Size of Stipend: $20,000 Application Deadlines for 2011 Awards: April 1, 2011 and November 1, 2011.
Submitting Applications: Applications should be submitted online.
Applicants should submit:
• A three-page description of the proposed project
• A resumé (no more than three pages per author)
Applicants will be notified when their application is received and when the proposal review process is completed. For further info visit http://www.twcresearchprogram.com/overview.php . Click here to download the research announcement pdf.